"After installing Tributaries Series 8 power cables, my WIFE asked ‘Did you change something with the TV?’ she went on raving about the vivid details: I was impressed!!"
Recognizing the fact that AC signals from a wall outlet operate at very low frequencies, with line and neutral alternating back and forth 60 times per second, vibration isolation becomes a major concern. The Series 8 power cable’s dielectric material was carefully chosen as well as the wire gauge, physical structure and overall geometry. Tributaries 8P cables are designed with insulated solid conductors of sufficient size to favor low frequencies. Current capabilities of power cables are a major concern. Power amps tend to draw current in pulses. Depending on the output of the power amplifier, too small a gauge of the power cable will result in excess resistance that may restrict the peak level of a required pulse limiting the transient response of the amplifier but if only large conductors are used the cable tends to lose dynamics and also will not respond quickly to transients; the Series 8 power cables are designed with a unique combination of large and medium gauge wires to form an overall 12 AWG design supporting current flow and signal dynamics. Noise rejection is also a big concern for an AC power cable, and the cable twisting and shielding become very important. These need to be tailored for the application, with maximum noise rejection being the goal. The Series 8 power cables will result in audible improvements by lowering the noise floor, and allowing you to hear more of the recorded information.
Available in various lengths to meet your requirements.
The Series 8 Power cable is stocked in each in lengths from 3 foot, 6 foot and 9 foot
Model 8P-IEC Highlights
- 3-Pole 15 Amp IEC320 C-13 to Nema 5-15P AC power cables
- Large 14AWG HC-OFC wires don’t starve power amps of power
- Multi-gauge geometry design is optimized for low frequency AC signals of 50/60Hz
- Propriety winding techniques & triple shielding ensure low noise transfer
- PVC dielectrics isolate vibration from alternating current from entering the signal path.
- Straight IEC > Straight AC
- Decorative woven jacket over Rugged black PVC jacket
- Available in 3ft, 6ft & 9ft