"My wife is a formidable COD player, and she explained to me in detail how much more she was able to see, and how much easier long-distance shots were, given the clarity in the finite details she was able to see now. I was Impressed!"
Tributaries UHDT TITAN 18G HDMI cable is available in a passive version from 6 meters to 10 meters. Why is passive such a big deal? Passive is always preferred over active because of possible incompatibility issues with other electronics. Active cables are directional and will not work if reversed. The active end of the cable will require power to supply the on-board electronics. The power needed is either provided by adding another cable or typically, active cables harvest their power from unused TMDS voltages. This method works well as long as the source which drives the 5V line has an adequate output. If the source voltage is too low it will draw down the vital 5 volt line causing signal failure. Passive cables are bi-directional and voltage agnostic, making any long run installation simpler and more stable. The TITAN passive HDMI cable is a result, in part, of Tributaries’ development and application of patented, advanced metallurgical engineering. This new copper formulation has high-frequency conduction characteristics far beyond standard copper. TITAN's advanced high-conductivity copper results in lower losses than with standard oxygen-free copper. This design has provided a method of extending the length of an 18G Passive HDMI cable from a previous longest length of 5 meters to the industry’s new, longest length of 10 meters.
The TITAN Series Passive HDMI cable is stocked in length of 8 meters
Model UHDT Highlights
- Designed, packaged and tested in Orlando Florida, USA
- Patented advanced metallurgy for stable high frequency signal transfer
- Certified to support UHD HDMI 2.0 4K/60 HDR signals
- Guaranteed to pass data rates of 18Gbps
- Earned DPL Labs 18Gbps Approval
- Earned ISF 18Gbps UHD HDMI cable certification
- Power Grip connectors are tight fitting without the death grip of locking connectors
- Flexible UL CL2/FT4 rated jacket appropriate for in-wall use